PRODUCT EMPTIES - numero uno

I know this is a post that quite a few bloggers do, but then I thought MAYBE this means that you guys might enjoy it too?

These are all products that I have used up within the past couple of weeks until there is barely a drop, smidgeon, particle, whatever left! Seeing as these products have obviously had quite a bit of use from yours truly, I want to share with you what I really thought of them and whether or not I would/will be repurchasing them :)

John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls - Coco Chanel Mademoiselle - Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser (in Porcelain) - Estée Lauder Advanced Night Synchronised Recovery Complex - Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer - Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural - Estée Lauder Verité Moisture Relief Creme - St. Ives Apricot Face Scrub


♥ John Frieda Frizz-Ease Dream Curls: I bought this product around a year ago, initially to try and give my hair the scrunched affect that’s really popular over summer. This definitely didn’t work on that front for me, but I did start using it a lot when my hair started to occasionally become a little frizzy a little while later, and I think it did help to calm that down. It was also my go to spray on freshly washed hair when I was blow-drying it as it also has a built in heat protectant. I know this works really well on creating bigger, slightly more defined curls on my curly-haired friend, but I’m afraid it won’t do that for all you other slightly thin-and-straight-haired girls out there. I certainly found use for it though :)

♥ Coco Chanel Mademoiselle: For a fairly new blog, this has to be the product that I have raved about the most. I’ve loved this scent since I was 15 and used it sparingly for the last four years. To be honest, it’s been on it’s way out for a while but I’ve been savouring every last drop and am now lucky enough to have a back up bottle that I have already started using (another travel-sized one). I’m rubbish at describing scents and I think that this one is fairly unique, but I’ve been complimented on it plenty of times by people young and old alike!

♥ Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturiser: This is another product that I bought a pretty long time ago. Probably around two years ago to be honest, but it’s another one that I couldn’t bear to throw away and so saved the last few drops for a few months. I wear foundation a lot more now than I used to a couple of years ago and I would love to repurchase it but it may be a little pricey for my student loan just now. I would definitely recommend the oil-free one, my skin has the tendancy to go a little dry but if I used too much of this it would make my skin look oily. When you use the right amount though, it gives you a little coverage (perfect for smoothing out skin tones) and a lovely, slightly dewey texture to the skin. Can’t wait to repurchase one day!

♥ Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronised Recovery Complex: Hmm... what to say about this product... I got this upon recommendation from Tanya Burr from pixi2woo when it was on offer at Boots (it is NOT cheap). She said that it was a miracle treatment for brewing spots, which it certainly wasn’t for me. In an effort to make it last longer I didn’t 100% follow the instructions (in that I used it less frequently than suggested), but I kind of wish I had now. It says that it reduces premature signs of aging, and also smoothes out uneven skin tone, but I really didn’t notice any difference in my skin at all :( I would be interested in hearing how some slightly more mature ladies got along with this product, but unfortunately, I will not be repurchasing.

♥ Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer: I’m sure you’ve heard the hype and you’d better believe it... a concealer for £3.69 (current price on boots.co.uk) that is creamy, covers up blemishes and under-eye circles beautifully, it easy to blend and lasts on your skin! The best bit? They even do a colour pale enough for my ghostish face WOOHOO! Please sir, may I have some more?

♥ Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural: Word on the street is, this isn’t a minerally as you would like... but it’s the only powder I’ve ever used properly (it lasted me a good two years!) and when it comes to setting my makeup it seems to do the job quite nicely - with a couple of reappplications through the evening it kept my prom makeup looking perfect all night long :D. Goss the Makeup Artist is also a huge fan of these for photo shoots, but I know that for everyday use there are a few more out there that are supposed to work just as well and be a little more purse-friendly. For now I have repurchased this product but I would be interested in trying some other matte powders out :)

♥ Estée Lauder Verité Moisture Relief Creme: I have been using this moisturiser for the majority of the past 18 months now. I started using it when my skin seemed to be a little unhappy with my fully Liz Earle routine. Now, my skins gets sad when I stop using this! Although it does contain some alcohol it’s ever so gently and you don’t need too much, so I would recommend this to anybody with super-sensitive skin. Lucky little me got a brand new jar full of it for my birthday, but I think after this I may once again try the Origins Mega Mushroom moisturiser I tried last year and loved. Both are a little pricey but totally worth it for a happy face!

♥ St. Ives Apricot Face Scrub: I remember hearing a while ago in the YouTube world that this was a wonderful little must have for all you sensitive skinned beings out there. It has little beads that don’t hurt your face and it is pretty gentle. I’ve used this tube on and off for the past year, but as I get a gentle exfoliation whenever I use my muslin cloth with my Liz Earle cleanser I’m not a keen exfoliator. I think I may try a few more facial exfoliators so I have a few more products to compare it to before I decide if it really is a ‘must-have’. On a more positive not, it did last me a good while and it was only £4.29 for 150ml - not too shabby!

Sorry about my lack of posts over the past few days, I am now back at uni and have exams looming! Hopefully once those are over next week I'll be a lot more active again.
Hang in with me people! Hope your new years are off to a lovely start!

BloglovinTwitterFacebook

P.S. I have a few followers now :) :) :) Hello to you all and thank you very much for taking an interest in my little blog here! If you, or anybody else has any ideas of posts that I can do soon then please leave a comment or e-mail me: prettypleasemail@gmail.com

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.