Lipstick Chat: YSL Rouge Volupte in 'Nude Beige'

All swatches taken in natural daylight

It's been a while since I did a lipstick post and you guys seemed to be quite enjoying them, so I thought that it was high time for another one! Today I am showing one of my most prized lipsticks. This is YSL Rouge Volupte in 'Nude Beige'. No, the name is not incredibly inspiring but the product most certainly is. This was a cheeky treat to myself a couple of years ago because I was in love with the packaging - shallow, or what? I have since gotten to know this lipstick a little better and I am still just as in love. Not only is the distinctly gorgeous packaging very easy to find in your bag, but the texture is a dream too. If you're a fan of silky, creamy lipsticks then this is for you. If, on the other hand, you are very prone to chapped lips you may be tempted by the moisturising formula, but be sure to use a good exfoliator before using this as it will emphasise any cracks on your lips. As for lasting power this fares pretty well. It doesn't wear off that quickly, but you definitely need to reapply it through the day a couple of times. It's also worth noting that it has a very slight scent which I'd compare to vanilla.

Let's talk a little bit about the colour - this is right up my street. On my skin the colour comes up as a pinky nude and is a brilliant balance. I often go for this as a nude lip for nighttime as it is a little thicker and more pigmented than Hue by Mac (my daytime favourite). You can see in the swatch that the colour is glossy but not at all shimmery. It's a winner in my eyes!

Have you ever tried a YSL lipstick? What did you think?

BloglovinTwitter FacebookYouTube


Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.