Medora Of London Lipsticks Collection and Reviews

( All the information, pictures of products and swatches are original and a copyright property of Makeup Obsessed Beauty)

Due to so many requests I decided to do an indepth review of the Lipsticks from Medora. These lipsticks are Made in Pakistan Swat and are only available in Pakistan at drug stores or shops that carry makeup products.
I personally love these lipsticks as they have a matte finish which I prefer as I have thin lips and most of the lipsticks have a creamy/sheen finish and I feel that they dont last too long on my lips or just bleed out. And I hate it when I am wearing a creamy lipstick and even if my hair brushes over it, it just spreads...so I had been looking for some really good matte lipsticks which would be long weraing and not too dry but still not too shiny or creamy.
When I came across the Medora lipsticks I instantly fell in love because they were all that I wished for plus they came in such unique shades...shimmery, glittery, matte and frosted but still not too creamy if you know what I mean.

                                                     Click on the pic to see it bigger.

I got 20 different shades in the pic above you can see 19 of them and I melted down the 20th shades for my kit. In the picture above the shades are:
Top Row Left to Right:
  1. Violet 212
  2. Gypsy red 253
  3. Berry 218
  4. Hint of Pink 210
  5. Sugar Candy 215
  6. Flavour 216
  7. Garnet 204
  8. Bordeaux 209
  9. Burnt Orange 520
  10. Dessert Rose 528
Bottom Row Left to Right:
  1. Orbroni 205
  2. Viva Glam 235
  3. Gold Opal 299
  4. Down Town 282
  5. Sonic 248
  6. Miss Fizz 261
  7. Frosted Natural 281
  8. Vista 242
  9. Nude I dont remember the name or no. for the last one the sticker came off.


Siss is the last shade I metled for my kit and its the 1st one from the right. The shades I got were carefully selected as I only got the ones I didn't already have in my collection; in the finish I wanted. They are amazingly pigmented and absolutely gorgeous colours. These shades are especially perfect for Asian Pakistani bridal looks or for evening makeup looks.

The fact which makes me love them is that there are all different types of textures( glitter, shimmery, frosty) but with a non greasy finish exactly what I wanted.

The Violet is a true violet shades which is a completely matte finish. Love this for dramatic looks.


Gypsy Red is my most worn Red lipstick as it has a great staying power and is the most low maintainance Red lippy with a gorgeous deep red shade.


Berry is a beautiful purple pink lipstick which comes off as slightly more deeper than it appears in the pic and is perfect for fall.



Hint Of Pink is one of my fav a pretty vintage pink shade.Lovely matte shade.



Sugar Candy is Lilac shade in a sheer shimmery finish.



Flavour is a a shade shy from barbie pink its not too bright but not too subtle.



Garnet is a deep maroon in matte finish and has good staying power.



Bordeaux is a very unique shade, it didnt come out as good in the pic but its a beautiful deep maroon with subtle golden sheen running through it.



Burnt Orange is a reddish copper with fine gold glitter. but the glitter is so finely milled that u wont feel it on the lips.



DessertRose is a sheer pink with fine silver glitter. beautiful shade.



Orbroni is a reddisd brown with gold glitter perfect for evening party looks.



Viva Glam is one of my favourite and its a perfect nude on my lips without looking too dull.



Gold Opal is the most amazing lipstick its pale gold with a slight pink and gold shimmer and without a doubt in the list of my top 5 lipsticks. When ever i go to buy Medora lipsticks this one always catches my eyes n  i pick it up and then realize that I already have this one. But  its always a treat for  the eyes.



Down Town is a rich and earthy matte brown.



Sonic is another one of my most worn lipsticks it is a coppery brown with gold shimmer. Beautiful to go along with copper bronze embroidery.


Absolutely gorgeous Pale gold lipstick with gold shimmer is called Miss Fizz. A unique shade.



Frosted Natural as the name suggests is a very natural shade with a slight frost another beautiful lipstick.




Vista is a browny nude shade with a matte finish can be a good base if you want to wear lipgloss but dont want to wear it alone.



This was my first medora lipstick. I bought this neutral shade to use as a base and it worked perfectly but the sticker came off and I dn't know the name of the shade. I am almost at the end of the bullet hopefully next time I go to buy this I can match out the colour for repurchase.



Siss from Medora was the shade I ended up buying when I cudnt find the exact shade as above to use as a base. you can see its quite similar but just a hint darker than the nudy shade.

So these were all the Medora lipsticks I have up till now hopefully will be getting some more next time I visit Pakistan. But all in all I was quite impressed with some thing made in Pakistan. Hope they come out with more beautiful colours.

These were my own opinions about these lipsticks, may be there are some of you who find them dry or not suitable for you, as everyone has their own preferences. Do let me know about your views on these lipsticks and your favourite shades and also share the pics of your fav shades from Medora on my facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/MakeupObsessedBeauty/
I would love to see new and different shades from them for my next trip to buy.  :)

Hope this helped those who asked for the review.
Cheers!

Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.