Face Diaries #2: Just Peachy (Makeup How-To / Tutorial)

Face Diaries #2
Just Peachy Makeup Tutorial

Today’s look very much had a peach theme in mind when I prepared it. I really wanted to try my new cream blush and also a peach lipgloss that I’ve been loving recently to see if peach suits me when my skin is a little bit darker. Oh yes, the self tanning routine has begun. I wore this out to hang out with my friends but I’m really pleased with the way that the colours work together.

Eyes and Lips Makeup Tutorial
This is an eye combo I’ve used a few times. I wanted something that was soft but balanced out the look by still being a noticeable feature. I used my Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Sand Dollar which is actually a greyish taupe, but when layered with Mac’s Club eyeshadow it creates a warmer, yet simple look which complements the peach tones perfectly. A little matte brown can be used to add definition to the eye but for every day I think it looks lovely by itself, although to brighten the eye I added a bit of Mac’s Shroom eyeshadow to the inner corners of my eyes. A thin line of Maybelline Gel Liner and my favourite mascara defines the lashes and will help to make the eyes look bigger.

Face Makeup Tutorial

I wanted a light base and so used my No 7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser (I'm not a fan really, but I’m trying to use it up) and usual Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. Next, I applied my new Dream Touch Blush in Peach. I’m still forming an opinion on this, but to the rest of my face I then applied my Mac Mineralise Skinfinish Natural to set the tinted moisturiser and add a little more coverage where needed. The final step to the look was to add the Stila Lipglaze in Jolly CX which is a buildable colour and really pulls it all together.

So what do you think? Can I pull off peach?



Follow me on Bloglovin

Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.