The Mother of All Translucent Powders



If you follow my blog you may have noticed that I've been trying to do a post every other day and make up for lost time. Today I thought that I'd do a bonus little review for you about a seriously amazing product that I've been using for a while now. I bought the Eshiko Ultra High Definition Powder for a photoshoot that I did back in March upon Wayne Goss' recommendation. He said that this was the perfect translucent powder for photos as it is virtually undetectable both in person and in photos with absolutely no flashback.



The photo shoot where I used the powder. Click here for more shots.



In natural daylight wearing the powder and the product itself.



As you can see by the above photos, this is very much true and I can vouch for it as a fantastic powder for personal use, too. I tend to apply this by pressing it onto the skin with a cotton pad in a rolling motion. I will then dust off any excess using a fluffy powder brush. After doing this I feel as though it's difficult to even detect that I'm wearing a powder. This is due to the fact that the powder is so incredibly finely milled - in fact it is the world's finest silica powder. In terms of longevity is also passes with flying colours; when applied evenly across the skin, not only does it improve the lasting time of makeup, but it also doesn't cake throughout the day and dry out the skin. In fact, it does quite the opposite. I wore this almost daily through the worst part of the heatwave here this summer and it certainly helped to counteract the 'glow' that was inevitable in the intense heat. I honestly feel like if I were to switch to any other translucent powder at this point that it would be a stepdown.

It may cost £22.50 but this product is just too good not to repurchase, and I would probably be willing to pay more considering how long it lasts for personal use. If you're a makeup artist you should seriously consider adding this to your kit.


Do you have a favourite face powder?

BloglovinTwitter FacebookYouTube


Posted in . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.