Face Diaries #4: Sweet and Simple



Wow, I haven't done one of these in a while! I really do enjoy doing these so I did this somewhat spontaneously the other day to share with you what is on my face. I know that a few of these products may be starting to look all too familiar now, so I promise to switch it up a little bit next time! If anybody's interested, this look was also done mostly by just using my hands! They are your most valuable tools, after all.

Eyes
I didn't want anything too fussy on the eyes, so I took my Bobbi Brown Longwear Cream Shadow and swiped it over each lid with my ring finger. This colour is slightly unusual; it's a warm taupe with a silver shimmer to it. Of the two Mac shadows that I used Shroom was the first in. This pale-toned gold with a bit of shimmer, although not too intense which makes it perfect as a highlight colour. I popped this on my inner corner and across the brow bone for a fresh, defined touch. The second Mac shadow I used is called Cork. This is a mid-toned matte brown which makes it the perfect crease colour to add definition. I chose a slightly warmer brown so that it balanced out the silver in my main lid colour. I also added the illusion of thicker lashes with a thin line of the Mac Liquid Eyeliner followed by a coat of Maybelline Falsies Mascara. I also did a little wing on my liner for a bit of fun.

Face and Lips
This bit was pretty easy. Since it's been fairly warm recently I haven't been wanting to slap the layers on too much, so I took one pump of the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and rubbed it between my fingers so that I could easily apply a thin and even layer starting from the centre of the face (where you tend to get more redness) and moving out. This was topped up with a little bit of my Collection 2000 Concealer on any blemishes and under my eyes - since I'm in between colours of this product at the moment sometimes I even mix two shades to make the perfect one for me. Next I dabbed some of the Maybelline Dream Touch Blush onto the tops of my cheeks to add a bit of a sheen and wake up my face. After I'm done with all of my cream/liquid products I sometimes pat a little matte powder onto my T-zone and anywhere I've put concealer to make it long lasting, but not too much as I really want my skin to glow. Finally I finished off the look with Mac's Patisserie lipstick (which you can read more about here). This was perfect for my natural look with added colour as it's not too heavy and simply enhances my natural lip colour.

I'm going to have to leave it there today to pop off to do some more revision. I've scheduled this post to go live just as I'm going into my final exam, so I'd love it if you could leave a comment to give me something to look forward to reading when I get out!

BloglovinTwitter FacebookYouTube


Posted in , . Bookmark the permalink. RSS feed for this post.

Search

Swedish Greys - a WordPress theme from Nordic Themepark. Converted by LiteThemes.com.